Learn how single-dose vials eliminated breakage and improved dose precision
A pharmaceutical manufacturer was using large-volume glass bottles for its liquid anesthetic solutions. Glass bottles can break, posing safety and cleanup issues. Glass is also heavy to transport and requires additional protective packaging.
Tekni-Plex Healthcare recommended a 10ml injection molded, polypropylene, unit dose vial and multiple benefits were yielded.
Tekni-Plex Healthcare 10ml unit dose vial yielded multiple benefits:
- Elimination of breakage.
- Improved safety for both medical professionals and patients
- Single-dose vial enables precision, no wasted product
- Elimination of the additional protective packaging required by glass, improving environmental footprint
- Monolayer PP can handle both EtO (prior to aseptic filling) and autoclave sterilization (after filling) methods
- Transportation costs reduced approximately 70 percent due to lower volume and lighter weight containers
Tekni-Plex Healthcare eliminates breakage issues and improves dose precision