Medical-grade Anti-microbial Compounds
Silver ion technology for patient-contact products. An effective way to help stop the growth of harmful microorganisms where good hygiene is critical. Compounds can be tailored to fit most PVC & TPE requirements.
Tekni-Plex Healthcare’s medical PVC and TPE Compounds
Tekni-Plex Healthcare compounds (formerly Colorite compounds) are used by some of the world’s foremost healthcare and medical device manufacturers. We are globally recognized for consistently meeting or surpassing rigorous regulatory and industry standards. Our extensive line of PVC and TPE medical-grade compounds have been engineered to deliver the ideal solution for your specific product objectives. We also formulate custom compounds to meet specific medical application requirements.
Medical-grade PVC Compounds
Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is a uniquely versatile polymer and used in a range of applications. When combined with plasticizers through a process known as compounding, this inherently rigid polymer becomes flexible. The formulation versatility, and its cost-performance effectiveness, meets a wide range of requirements ideal for disposable medical applications, whichever is required.
High-performance vinyl compounds are translucent (self-frosting), flexible, and offer improved physical properties compared to standard extrusion grades of equal durometers. These include increased durability, excellent resilience, good compression set and a soft textured feel. These compounds are available in 35 to 85 shore A hardness.
Medical-grade TPE Compounds
CELLENE™ is a range of thermoplastic elastomer compounds that combine the performance benefit of vulcanized rubber with the processing properties of thermoplastics. CELLENE™ TPE compounds are suitable for a wide variety of applications in medical devices, packaging and other regulated markets. CELLENE™ compounds are formulated to be silicone, latex, phthalate and halogen free using FDA-compliant raw materials to meet USP Class VI and ISO 10993 standards.
Find the best grade of Cellene Thermoplastic Elastomer for your application using our selection tool.
Advantages of CELLENE™ Compounds for Medical Applications
- Extrusion and injection molding products
- Broad durometer range in Shore A and Shore D classifications
- Low density (0.89 to 0.9 g/cm3)
- High-clarity grades for fluid monitoring applications
- Low migration and drug absorption (grades formulated without plasticizers available)
- Intrinsic polypropylene (PP) chemical and thermal characteristics
- Sterilization by gamma, EtO or steam
- Can be readily bonded /adhered to a range of polymers including polycarbonate (PC), acrylic and acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS).
- Compression set of specific grades comparable to rubber
- Compatible with conventional extrusion & molding equipment
- Custom formulations engineered to meet critical application requirements
CELLENE™ TPE compounds are suitable for a wide variety of extrusion and injection molding applications. The 3000 series provides a good compression set, elasticity and low density. They are optimized for flow and service temperature, and can be over molded to other substrates and are recyclable and reprocessable.