Tekni-Plex prides itself as being an acquirer of choice and partnering with owners to grow businesses.
- We listen and partner with owners and management to achieve mutually desirable outcomes
- We make the process of acquisition and integration seamless with experienced teams
- We have a proven history of embracing and retaining owners, management and employees
- We have a best-in-class people culture which strives for excellence
Tekni-Plex demonstrates a strong track record of growth through acquisition of high quality companies across all segments.
Acquired Commodore Plastics
Custom Foam Trays
Acquired Oracle Packaging
Acquired Dunn Industries
Tape Substrate Business
Expanding in Liners
Acquired Gallazzi (Italy)
High Barrier Medical Films
Acquired Ghiya Extrusions
Growing Asian Footprint
IHS Liner Presence
Tekni-Plex has over 50 years of history and experience in innovative packaging material, medical compounds and medical tubing, and dispensing components.
- Opened new plant in China to drive healthcare growth.
- Tekn-Plex sells Swan Hose business to Jacobson Partners.
- Natvar establishes medical tubing operations in Cartago, Costa Rica.
- Action Technology Italy consolidates operations in Gaggiano, Italy.
Global Technology Center opens in Holland, OH.
- 2009: Top Seals GmbH acquired producing specialty-liners and adding major punching capability.
- 2008: Tekni-Plex India Ltd. Formed in India.
- 2006: Tekni-Plex Technologies (Suzhou) Co. formed in China.
- 2004: Acquired egg-carton business from Genpak solidifying leading position.
- 2002: Elm Packaging acquired producing foam plates, bowls, meat and bakery trays.
- 2001: Hose assets of Mark IV Industries acquired, operating as Swan Hose, producing garden hose.
- 2000: SuperPlastics acquired producing garden hose.
- 1999: Natvar acquired producing disposable vinyl medical tubing and electrical sheathing.
- 1999: Tri-Seal acquired producing sophisticated extruded and co-extruded capliners and seals1995 Hargro Flexible Packaging acquired to utilize lamination and coating technology to produce packaging materials for pharma industry in Flemington, NJ.
- 1998: PureTec Corporation acquired comprising businesses Tekni-Plex Europe, Colorite, American Gasket & Rubber and Action Technology producing garden and irrigation hose, precision tubing and gaskets for aerosol, vinyl medical tubing, and vinyl compounds for medical device.
- 1997: PurePlast acquired to diversify end markets producing calendared PVC sheet for global pharma customers.
- 1996: Dolco Packaging Corporation acquired to bolster presence in foam packaging products including leading position in egg carton sales in US.
1960s – 1980s
- 1970: Built and expanded Somerville, NJ plant diversifying into producing foam trays for the poultry processing industry and established films division to service pharmaceutical and medical customer base.
- 1967: Tekni-Plex founded to acquire the General Felt Products division of Standard Packaging Corporation producing laminated closure (cap) liners.